2011 - 2019 Dodge Charger
THIS PRODUCT IS CARB EXEMPT AND MAY BE SHIPPED TO CALIFORNIA
THE BIGGEST, THE BADDEST, MOST EFFICIENT, MOST POWERFUL SUPERCHARGER SYSTEM
NOW FEATURING THE GEN 4 2.9L
Since 1987, Whipple Superchargers™ have been the pioneers and leaders of twin-screw supercharging. Whipple was the first to bring positive displacement technology to fuel injected, emissions legal engines. With over 30 years of twin-screw supercharging experience, Whipple’s team have now engineered the most powerful intercooled twin-screw SC systems available today for your Dodge V8 engines. Both the Stage 1 and Stage 2 systems feature the latest technology and gives you the option of what power level you want. The all new Whipple system makes more power than any other positive displacement supercharger system on the market giving you tire frying, neck whipping power that will give you a grin from ear to ear. The new system is 100% complete and is designed for stock engines but has enough capability to work with heavily modified engines.
The all-new 50-state emissions legal system features Whipple’s massive oversized air-to-water intercooler for unmatched cooling capacity, a unique front feed W175ax (a whopping 2.9 liters) integrated Whipple twin-screw supercharger that reaches 99% volumetric efficiency and industry leading power potential. The unique intercooled bypass system offers better acceleration and less than 1hp of consumption during cruising for excellent fuel economy. The system also includes high-flow fuel injectors, aluminum high flow intake manifold and a flash tool for the factory ECU recalibration. While others claim, Whipple Superchargers simply deliver more power per pound of boost than any other supercharger on the market today.
Stage 1 systems feature the 2.9L Gen 4 supercharger, massive intercooler, high flow intercooler system, high flow fuel injectors, 2-bar map sensor, plug and play connectors, pre-fitted hoses and every thing you need to operate at *6.5psi of boost for everyday torque and horsepower.
Stage 2 systems feature a larger heat exchanger, NGK spark plugs, *8psi of boost, modified calibration, MSD fuel pump boost for increased fuel flow capacity for maximum power on stock engines with today's pump gas.
*Model years 2015-2018 and up require unlocked PCM's. Factory PCM's must be purchased or unlocked by HP Tuners (www.hptuners.com).
*Boost is for reference, results may vary from application to application.
- Most powerfuel 50-state emissions legal bolt-on available
- No other upgrades required, just massive power right out of the box
- Front entry W175ax (2.9 liters) Whipple twin-screw supercharger that significantly outperforms competitions 1.9L and 2.3L roots-type systems
- Front feed supercharger utilizes precision ground helical cut gears vs a problematic belt or shaft through the inlet that causes massive VE loss
- Integrated Crusher™ 109mm round inlet outflows smaller 90 and 93mm inlets such as other Eaton based systems
- Integrated Crusher™ 109mm round inlet for optional oversized throttle bodies
- Integrated design allows for oversized intercooler core compared to other smaller intercooler cores giving Whipple lower air charge temps which allows more boost and timing to be run on pump gas
- Massive air-to-water aluminum bar-plate intercooler offers more cooling than any other positive displacement system available
- Massive aluminum intercooler reservoir holds more than double the IC water than any of the competitors, more water, more power
- Whipple Superchargers massive oversized intercooled air-bypass system for industry leading reduction of burst knock and incredible fuel economy, no ridiculous fabbed steel tubes or systems that circulate hot air
- Self-contained oversized oil system for dramatically reduced oil temps in even the most demanding conditions
- Exclusive 3x5 rotor combo for significant increase in airflow under the curve than less efficient 4x6 rotor combo
- One-turn turn inlet allows for decreased induction losses when compared to rear inlet systems and 180deg bends
- Center discharge port for better cylinder to cylinder distribution then other twin-screws with cobbled together billet adapters and forward facing discharge
- Discharge down design allows for less pressure loss which gives more power at lower boost levels
- Top mount design allows for cooler operation then upside down SC's that conduct heat from engine and are trapped by runners and covers, causing hotter manifold temps and less power per pound of boost
- More boost at the "hit" than any other twin-screw
- Flat torque curve for incredible acceleration
- Oversized heat exchanger for incredible intercooler water temps
- No internal engine modifications required
- Completed installation looks factory installed
- Kits come complete with all necessary parts and hardware for installation
- Unique oil level sight glass for easy oil level and quality check, no dipstick to bind or misread
- Plug and play wiring with male and female connections
- Optional high flow air filter system featuring a S&B True flow filter
- High flow fuel injectors included
- Proven 6-rib belt system with adjustable idler system for easy belt changes and multiple pulley configurations
- Stainless steel jack-shaft with unique plastic cover (or optional carbon fiber) for increased safety
- OEM quick connect fittings for easy installation, no ugly brass or steel fittings on the SC
- Complete kits, Competition kits and Hot Rod kits available
- Available in wrinkle black, polish or any custom color
- Easily upgradeable with big cold air intakes and bigger throttle bodies
- Instant boost at the touch of the throttle
- 3 minute pulley changes
- Flash tool that allows you to read and erase codes and multiple data log features
- 1 year warranty
- Optional 3-year 36,000 mile powertrain warranty
STAGE 2 ADDED FEATURES
- MSD™ Fuel pump booster with pre-defined voltage curve for less pump duty cycle then other pump boosters, only supplies increased voltage when needed, others are on/off
- MSD™ Fuel pump booster voltage curve can be adjusted by user, no need to purchase "competition" version, already included
- Increased capacity heat exchanger for added cooling capacity
- 1.5psi more boost for increased torque and horsepower
- Modified calibration for increased power
- NGK Spark plug set (16) included
While others “claim” to be leaders, the truth is simple; Whipple Superchargers are the true pioneers of twin-screw supercharging. For over 26 years, Whipple has led the industry with innovation after innovation. Whipple has more experience in supercharging applications than any other twin-screw or Eaton based positive displacement supercharger manufacturer. Whipple Superchargers brought the twin-screw supercharger to the US automotive market and has pioneered the “bolt-on” supercharger business. While others try to copy or follow, Whipple continues to develop new superchargers and new systems that not only look like a piece of art, they outperform the competition.
The revolutionary front feed 2.9 liter (175 cubic inch) twin screw SC sets a new standard to supercharging. While others cobble up one adapter after another, Whipple spent over two years developing every single component of this ground breaking supercharger system. The results speak for themselves, not only does it make the most horsepower of any supercharger system on the market, its fully upgradeable with camshafts, head work, throttle bodies and bigger air systems so you have the ability to go from mild to wild whenever you want.
Supercharging of internal combustion engines has been used for many years as a method to improve engine performance and efficiency. Entering the millennium, a new trend is appearing. The trend points to small displacement engines in order to meet federal emission legislation on fuel consumption and emission control. The driver, however, still demands the same performance they're used to.
A good way to meet these needs is supercharging otherwise known as forced induction. The purpose of supercharging an engine is to raise the density of the air charge, before it's delivered to the cylinders. Thus, the increased mass of air trapped and then compressed in each cylinder during each induction and compression stroke makes more oxygen available for combustion than the conventional method of drawing the fresh air charge into the cylinder (naturally aspirated). Consequently, more air and fuel per cycle will be forced into the cylinder, and this can be efficiently burnt during the combustion process to raise the engine power output to higher than would otherwise be possible. Generally, there are three basic types of "superchargers," the most popular being the exhaust-gas driven turbocharger, mechanically driven superchargers and the pressure-wave supercharger. The mechanically driven supercharger is broken up into two groups as well, the mechanically driven centrifugal supercharger and the mechanically-driven positive displacement supercharger such as the screw-type and roots-type.
In automotive and marine applications, the pressure-wave supercharger is rarely used. The turbo and roots-type superchargers have been the most popular forced induction methods in the past. While the turbo creates great peak horsepower, turbo lag and high cold start emissions due to the thermal mass are severe drawbacks of the turbocharger. Small displacement engines need higher-pressure ratios to achieve the performance demanded by the driver. This fact increases the mentioned drawbacks of the turbo and makes the turbocharger a less desirable alternative for supercharging than the mechanical twin-screw supercharger. The Whipple twin-screw charger does not have the usual drawbacks of earlier mechanical superchargers such as the roots-type, such as poor efficiency especially at high-pressure ratios, high rpm, high noise level as well as high price. Comparative tests, made independently by Whipple Industries, show that the twin-screw compressor is the most effective supercharging method available.
TWIN SCREW SYSTEM
EXCLUSIVE NEW FEATURES
Manufactured in the USA
Comparison data shows a significant improvement (W140ax-Green) vs. the previous generation 2.3 liter (Blue) on back-to-back testing.
Superior noise level in comparison to previous design, virtually noise free operation.
High flow rotor coating for increased efficiency and increased durability.
Increased bearing lubrication for lower operating temps and increased durability.
Serviceable supercharger, replaceable and upgradeable component design.
More robust design, double angular front bearing and sealed roller rear bearing for improved reliability.
Oil sight glass for proper oil level inspection.
100,000 mile oil change interval
If you’re interested in building your own supercharger packages for kit to resale to the general public, there is no better supercharger than a Whipple Twin Screw Compressor. OEM manufactures utilize positive displacement superchargers due to their incredible throttle response and drive-ability of a big cubic inch motor. When building a system for the consumers, you must provide a very broad power ban with a high peak horsepower level, only the screw compressor can give you this. This is due to the high adiabatic (up to 80%) and volumetric efficiency levels (up to 99.9%). The Whipple screw compressor is the latest generation, durable and dependable performance-enhancing item ever designed for either low boost or high boost levels. Available in a complete unit or a “rotor assembly” for builders own housings. The screw compressor is by far the best supercharger available today; it’s the only supercharger to provide a positive displacement design for maximum low-end torque as well as high efficiency for maximum top-end horsepower. No other supercharger in the world can offer the same unique benefits. Centrifugals and turbos have tremendous lag time during shift points, on-off throttle and off the line boost. Roots-type superchargers have been proven to not be very efficient, especially at higher boost levels. Whipple Superchargers has a variety of screw compressors for all types of applications, anywhere from a 100 cubic inch compressor to the 510 cubic inch compressor. Whipple also has a wide assortment of drive lengths, pulley combinations and bypass valves for all types of applications.
WHAT SEPARATES WHIPPLE FROM THE COMPETITION
If more power is what you crave…Whipple Superchargers has the solution…heart-stopping acceleration, complete bolt-on packages, emissions legal supercharger kits that boost power up to 60%. By utilizing the Whipple Twin Screw Supercharger, we provide the largest effective power gains, while maintaining safe, trouble-free operation. The Whipple Charger gives you the unique combination of maximum power at low rpm’s for incredible drive-ability while still providing ultra high efficiency for top-end horsepower. Just squeeze the throttle and the engine responds immediately, from idle to redline. the thrill ride never stops!
WHAT SEPARATES WHIPPLE FROM THE COMPETITION
Our relentless commitment to creating products that exceed the cutting edge of design, performance and quality has given us the reputation as innovators and leaders in the high performance industry.
(SULEV) and Zero Emission Vehicles (PZEV). No other supercharger company has a more advanced staff in computer technology and emission friendly products. Every product gets extensive R&D time on either our DynoJet Chassis dyno, our Superflow engine dyno or our Land & Sea prop shaft dyno. This ensures that you get maximum power from our product and long, trouble free operation.
SCT X4 STRATEGY AND LOADING CALIBRATION:
HP Tuner MPVI2 Instructions:
POWERTRAIN WARRANTY COVERAGE:
Dodge CAI Install Manual: