2015 - 2017 Ford Mustang
When choosing a flywheel take note that a heavy flywheel stores more energy as it spins than a light flywheel. If you have a heavy car combination that requires more power (or inertia) to make it launch without bogging the engine, you will want a heavier flywheel. Remember that a heavier flywheel will be slower to accelerate through the gears where a lighter flywheel creates less inertia at launch but will accelerate faster through the gears.
This part is legal for sale or use on Emissions Controlled Vehicles, Uncontrolled (Non-Emissions Controlled) Vehicles, and Racing Use Only Vehicles because it does not affect vehicle emissions and is not covered by emissions regulations.
- SFI-certified – legal for use in racing classes that require SFI certification
- This lightweight aluminum flywheel delivers faster throttle response and quicker acceleration providing additional horsepower to the wheels
- 6061-T6 billet aluminum construction offers weight reduction and excellent heat dissipation providing reduced wear and stress on engine
- Flywheel has forged heat treated steel ring gear with optimized tooth profile for smooth starter engagement
- Designed using CAD (Computer-aided design) technology for precise fitments and product reliability
- Provides smoother, faster gear shifting along with easier braking and better slowing due to reduced rotational mass
- The reduced rotating mass of our flywheel offers the potential for increased fuel economy
- Features a replaceable 1050 steel heat treated steel friction surface attached with high-grade fasteners allowing you to replace the plate without the need to resurface or replace an entire flywheel
|# of Teeth||164|
|Warranty||Limited 90 Day Warranty|