DeatschWerks® Race Modular Surge Tank
- Question? Call us at (888) 257-1077 🏁
- Free Shipping USA (Exc. HI, AK, PR)
UNIVERSAL modular surge tank. Fits 1 or 2 DW250il fuel pumps, PN 9-250
Calculate Your Correct Flow Rate Here:
DW Modular Surge Tanks are Engineered to Provide Massive Amounts of Fuel Flow Reliably and Consistently for Racing Applications.
Custom surge tanks have been common in the racing industry for many years and serve the purpose of avoiding fuel starvation in high G corners and low tank levels. The DW Modular Surge Tank Systems include the functionality of traditional surge tanks and add compact fitment, decreased noise, and increased flexibility. This has been achieved by moving both the pump and filtration functions to the inside of the surge tank and designing flexibility to allow the use of single or dual pump configurations to meet fueling needs from 500hp to 1500hp.
Maximum flexibility to grow with your needs
The name “DeatschWerks” is synonymous with application-specific fuel system solutions. So what happens when we create a universal product? We design it with maximum flexibility, user-friendliness, and tech support. The DW Modular Surge Tank was developed specifically for racecars and high horsepower applications where drop-in-fitment isn’t always the best approach. Highly modified vehicles have different needs, which often require complete fuel system overhaul as opposed to working within the confines of the OE fuel system. Our modular system is cost-effective in that it can grow with your build. One basic set of components can be configured to support from 500hp to over 1500hp. The system comes with all the extra parts needed for this adaptability plus we offer excellent technical documentation (DW2.5L Tech Sheet, DW3.5L Tech Sheet) to help you get your system set up right the first time, every time.
Race Proven Fueling Solution
High-G cornering under full load puts more stress on a fuel delivery system than any other racing scenario. This is where the DW Modular Surge Tank excels. Our sponsored time attack and drift drivers have put this product to the test and have been blown away with the results. In addition to the flexibility of use and consistency of fuel supply, our drivers have made many positive comments on the weight savings, durability, and simplicity of the system.
The DW Modular Surge Tank has proven in race applications such as Global Time Attack and Formula Drift where consistent fuel supply is an especially important and difficult task.
- Available in 2.5L or 3.5L internal capacities
- Anodized for e85 and methanol compatibility
- Configurable for single, dual, or external pump configurations
- Submerged pump design cools and quiets pump operation
- Vertical and horizontal mounting (integrated bracket)
- Compatible with DW250iL, and DW350iL in-line pumps
- Optional integrated stainless pre-filters
- Detailed plumbing and installation instructions included
Vehicle Specific Fuel Rail Kits
DW's Vehicle-Specific fuel rails offer higher flow, more plumbing options, and several unique features that go beyond what is currently available in the market. Quality, Performance, and Flexibility are what the customer has asked for, and DW has delivered...
Quality - DW fuel rails are CNC’d from billet T6061 aluminum and hard anodized in a black finish. The new DW rails were designed with integrated CNC brackets; less expensive bolt-on brackets save money but lack stiffness and precision. In addition, DW engineers invested significant design time removing excess material to shave weight and create a sleek signature look resulting in a rail that looks as good as it performs.
Performance - DW fuel rails outflow the competition with -8AN ORB inlets and outlets utilizing bore diameters that exceed AN spec by 80%. In addition, only DW rails feature bottom-mount 3/8” NPT ports for low-profile fuel pulsation damper integration – which decrease noise and pressure fluctuations in dead-headed and returnless configurations.
Flexibility - DW fuel rails are engineered for use in both return and returnless configurations. This flexibility allows you to buy once and buy right, future-proofing your rails for build stages yet to come. The DW rails also feature 1/8” NPT top ports and 3/8” NPT bottom ports which allow integration points for nitrous, pressure gauges, fuel pulsation dampers, and other rail accessories. A Schrader Valve is included with each set for easy and accurate fuel pressure data logging during tuning sessions.
DW rails are offered in multiple kit options to meet your needs… rails, rails + crossover, rails + plumbing kits, or rails + plumbing kits + injectors.
Fuel Rail Conversion Kits
DW offers innovative Subaru rail/injector kits for converting side-feed applications to top-feed. Many performance vehicles manufactured between 1991 and 2006 came from the factory with side feed injectors. Modern top-feed injectors are easier to tune, less expensive, and flow more fuel than the side-feed alternatives. DW Conversion Kits include injectors ranging from 750cc to 2200cc and are engineered as a system where the injector, rails, and mounting hardware all work together to integrate flawlessly into the OE manifold and mounting points.
Most Comprehensive Offering
Fuel injectors are not a one-size-fits-all type of product. The right fuel injector must combine the elements of fitment, coil impedance, flow rate, and tuning data into one injector specific to your engine's needs. This is a lot to ask an injector line up consisting of only a handful of options. DW has the most comprehensive injector offering in the industry so we will ALWAYS have what you are looking for...
- Automotive application specific injectors
- Power sports application specific injectors
- Universal line of Low Impedance up to 1800cc
- Universal Bosch EV14 up to 2200cc
- Sidefeed Injectors up to 1000cc
- Gasoline Direct Injectors up to 1700cc
For popular models, DW's application-specific approach makes shopping a simple 3 step process…
- Use the calculators to find the flow you need
- Use the YMM look up to find your part numbers
- Use the support tab to find your tuning data
Proper Data is a Must
The right tool, used incorrectly, yields substandard results at best. Fuel injectors follow this same universal law. Proper data is required for proper tuning. All DW injectors are fully characterized in-house via SAE J1832 standards. Injector data is available in General Characterization Summaries and Application Specific formats. Using the data is easy. Often it is cut and paste from the DW excel sheet to the tuning software.
Development of accurate injector data is a complex process, but there are no shortcuts to a proper calibration. DW has developed specially designed and calibrated flow benches utilizing digital flow meters, which are required to measure the precise fuel mass needed for proper characterizations. The data acquisition process consists of collecting over 450 data points per injector part number. These data points cover pulse widths, pressures, and voltages that the injectors will experience once installed in your engine. The collected data is statically analyzed, scrubbed and formatted into a General Characterization Summary. This Summary can then be formatted into application-specific formats for different makes, models, and tuning platforms. The application specific data is then in-car optimized by one of our tuning partners.
Dynamic Flow Matching
Quality injectors mated to proper calibration data will still perform poorly as a system if the injector set is not properly flow matched. The DW dynamic flow matching process ensures each set works together as a system to fuel your engine properly. Fuel injectors do not operate in a static state so why test them in a static state? In the engine, fuel injectors are a very dynamic component, constantly changing frequencies and pulse widths to precisely deliver the fuel needed. The DW multi-point dynamic flow testing process mimics these conditions by testing at multiple pulse widths within each of the ranges below…
- Low Range (1-2 milliseconds) – Low pulse widths are used during idle, light throttle cruising, and deceleration. However, expensive electronic flow meters are required for accurate testing in this range so few companies actually balance their injectors this low. Low pulse width balancing is crucial for a smooth idle on large injectors.
- Transitional Range (2-4 milliseconds) – The transitional range covers the pulse widths that typically make up the non-linear range of injectors. Although most DW injectors are linear well into the low pw range, transitional balance is important because many high flow injectors spend a majority of time in this range.
- Linear Range (4-10+ milliseconds) – The linear range pulse widths are used during medium and high load conditions. Proper balancing in this range allows for advanced timing and increased boost pressure to yield higher and safer peak horsepower.
- Static Flow - Many companies that balance their injectors only test at static flow. In the engine, injectors do not operate at a static state. However, the static rate is still considered the “call-size” of the injector.