2008 - 2022 Fiat Abarth 500
Lockout Collar on the shifter itself (Reverse being to the Right of 5th gear), then you want the 500 - Billet Reverse Lockout Collar option. If your Reverse is "down" from 5th gear and you have the tall, Abarth-style shift knob, you want the Abarth - No Reverse Lockout option. It is possible to mix and match, but if you want to do that please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org first so we can explain the differences. Non-Abarth shifters are subject to additional lead times due to the custom nature and low volume of the lockout collars.
As always, each kit comes with all the hardware you need and packaged in a laser-cut foam-filled box so that your parts arrive in perfect condition every time.
We cannot guarantee fitment on non North American market Fiats. We have sold several to Europe and have had one instance which it was reported that the shifter could not be installed, and several who reported back that the shifter worked with minimal modification. We have not been able to get further response from the happy customers to detail what modifications (if any) were required, but due to this, international sales of this product cannot be returned.
Simply put, there is not a better value Short-Throw Shifter on the market for your FIAT / Abarth. Many hours of design went into this as a project originally for MOPAR. In the end, they felt it would be too expensive once it passed all the way through their sales channels (they'd have never believed there is a $1000 shifter option now!!) so we ended up being able to offer the design direct to consumers.
There are many features that make our shifter unique in the crowd:
- Full TiG-welded, laser-cut stainless steel shifter cage replacement (OEM is plastic) for reduced compliance
- Unique-in-the-industry offset-axis pivot mechanism that shortens the front-to-rear throw 33% but only shortens the side-to-side throw 25% - this helps the throws be short without ever feeling "notchy"
- Precision machined (+/-0.0005" tolerance in places) billet aluminum housing ensures slop-free, bind-free operation forever
- Special dry-run self-lubricating bushings never wear out (in practical terms anyway), never need lubrication, and never change friction
- Maximum throw-shortening without risking premature wear to the synchros or other transmission components
- 100% compatible with any shift knob that will work with the OEM shifter - we copy the dimensions of the OEM shift lever exactly
- We do not "cheat" the shortness by moving the shift knob down, we keep it within 2mm of the original position so it looks exactly like stock and keeps your hands closer to the steering wheel when changing gears
Installation is easy - the hardest part is getting the interior trim off to remove the OEM shifter. There is no extra stress put on your shift cables, transmission, etc. because we actually move the pivot axes more than the cable attachment points.
All Angles Design is an engineering company focused primarily on new product development and bringing innovation out of the brainstorm and into reality.
That business has grown to include all manner of design projects ranging from custom aluminum extrusion design to electronics and consumer products. But our passion is and has been making cars go fast.
We've designed and sold products for many of the "big name" players in the automotive aftermarket, but AAD Performance gives us the opportunity to bring great projects directly from the machine shop to our customers. You get the same impeccable quality, same rugged, functional designs, and the same top-notch customer support that AAD has become known for. The only thing you lose is some of the high markups and flaky retailers who contribute nothing to the process but passing money around.
We are not brand-specific, we are solution specific meaning we solve real problems for real performance enthusiasts who want more than color-matched lug nut covers. Our parts are designed and built to perform exactly as expected year after year. We don't do flashy, we don't do every color under the sun, we don't try to make machined parts look like plastic - we build great performing parts and make customers happy.